Type of position: Non-Exempt
Employee classification: Non-Ministerial Position
Date Modified: 2020
This candidate is responsible for providing administrative and ministry-related support to one or more members of the ministerial team. The candidate will interact with church staff, church members and the community while furthering the purpose, mission and vision of Cary First.
The candidate for this position must have a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, with a hunger to know God and make Him known. We are looking for someone that will embrace the purpose and mission of Cary First. The ideal candidate adapts well in a changing work environment, has a willingness to be a team player, creates consistency in their area of work and strives for excellence in everything they do by valuing people first.
- Provides confidential management support to assigned minister(s).
- Performs receptionist duties, including, but not limited to, greeting and assisting visitors, answering the phone, routing phone calls to appropriate person, and responding to emails; answers and/or forwards voice mails from general mailbox and prayer line.
- Manages calendar for designated minister(s), including scheduling meetings, events and travel; serves as the primary contact person for meetings and other activities and events.
- Provides support for ministry-related events, including, but not limited to, planning, publicity, materials, registration, and execution.
- Creates, edits and proofreads ministry communications including PowerPoint presentations, materials prepared for printing and promotions, and church website.
- Makes travel arrangements and coordinates logistics with guest speakers.
- Assists minister(s) in planning, advertising and executing ministry events, trips and programs.
- Coordinates volunteers for front desk as needed.
Associate Pastor Assistance:
- Work with assigned Pastor on upcoming projects, making reservations, event planning as necessary.
- Takes care of email/phone correspondence for setting up/planning meetings
- Assist with preparing classes for Sunday and Wednesday activities (moving chairs, tables, switching signs)
- Ordering materials for classrooms and for the church
- Creating and sending out/printing weekly agendas for Leadership team meetings and Staff meetings as well as updating prayer list
- Assisting with funerals for assigned Pastor
- Proofread weekly bulletins and promotional advertisements at the church
- Coordinates the Discover Class events
- Tracks and reports attendance at church events, including, but not limited to, weekly worship and Sunday School, Children’s Church and choir rehearsal.
- Knowledge of ACS software
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to be trusted with confidential information
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Responsibilities may vary or change depending on the needs. We will also provide training for Realm Connect.
If this position looks like something that you would be a fit for, please apply for this position by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.