FBC Weekday Preschool Director
Cary First is looking for a professional, personable individual to lead and direct our Weekday Preschool program. This position is part-time, working 25 hours per week August-May, 20 hours per week during one-week Summer Camps, and 5 hours per week in June and July on non-camp weeks.
The candidate for this position must have a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, with a hunger to know God and make Him known, most specifically to our Weekday Preschool staff, preschoolers, and families. The candidate must embrace the purpose and mission of Cary First.
Weekday Preschool Director Responsibilities
- Review and carry out the purpose, vision, and mission of the Weekday Preschool in conjunction with the Senior Pastor and the Weekday Preschool Committee
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Weekday Preschool under the supervision of the Weekday Preschool Committee and the Associate Pastor of Administration and Education
- Select age-appropriate Christian curriculum and program materials for classrooms and weekly Chapel, and provide instructional leadership to staff
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate Weekday Preschool staff in conjunction with the Weekday Preschool Committee
- Advertise, conduct tours, and hold annual and ongoing registration to develop and maintain class rolls and waitlists
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the Weekday Preschool budget, under the direction of the Budget and Finance Committee and the Weekday Preschool Committee. Purchase all supplies, collect tuitions and fees, oversee fundraisers, process payroll, and complete all supporting paperwork
Weekday Preschool Director Qualifications
- Education in Early Childhood Development/Christian Education preferred
- Previous experience working with and teaching children
- Passion for children and partnering with staff, parents, and families to provide age-appropriate, play-based Christian education
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to relate to our culturally diverse preschool community
- Ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and be detail oriented, flexible, and decisive
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel for development and utilization of mail merges, rosters, payroll, and budgets. Publisher and QuickBooks knowledge a plus
- Membership at Cary First is required
Here at Cary First we want to do things with excellence where everything matters. Every position at our church makes a difference and we are looking for someone that cares about people in their workplace. To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.