Type of position: Full Time (40 hrs)
Date Modified: 2021-04-19
This candidate is responsible for providing administrative and ministry-related support to one or more members of the ministerial team. The candidate will interact with church staff, church members and the community while furthering the purpose, mission, and vision of Cary First. This position is a full-time position.
To be considered for this position, you cannot be a member of Cary First Baptist Church. The candidate for this position must have a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, with a hunger to know God and make Him known. We are looking for someone that will embrace the purpose and mission of Cary First. Preferred candidate would be a non-member. The ideal candidate adapts well in a changing work environment, has a willingness to be a team player, creates consistency in their area of work and strives for excellence in everything they do by valuing people first.
- Provides confidential management support to assigned minister(s).
- Performs receptionist duties, including, but not limited to – greeting and assisting visitors, answering the phone, routing phone calls to appropriate person, and responding to emails; answers and/or forwards voice mails from general mailbox and prayer line.
- Manages calendar for designated minister(s), including scheduling meetings, events and travel; serves as the primary contact person for meetings and other activities and events.
- Provides support for ministry-related events, including, but not limited to, planning, publicity, materials, registration, and execution.
- Creates, edits and proofreads ministry communications including PowerPoint presentations, materials prepared for printing and promotions, and church website.
- Makes travel arrangements and coordinates logistics with guest speakers.
- Assists minister(s) in planning, advertising and executing ministry events, trips and programs.
- Coordinates volunteers for front desk as needed.
Publications/Next Generation Assistance:
- Collect, record, and deposit payment for all student events
- Assist with facility reservations
- Create and print weekly worship bulletins, presentations
- Head the weekly newsletter email
- Social Media posts for all Cary First pages (as needed)
- Maintains a master calendar of events and building usage
- Maintain building usage of key fobs
- Tracks and reports attendance at church events, including, but not limited to, weekly worship and Sunday School, Children’s Church and choir rehearsal.
- Updates and maintains church website
- Knowledge of ACS software
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ability to be trusted with confidential information
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Responsibilities may vary or change depending on the needs.
If this position looks like something that you would be a fit for and you are not a member of Cary First, please apply for this position by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.